Cetaris delivers projects on time and on budget. We use a disciplined approach to requirements-capture, implementation, setup, and training. Throughout the setup, deployment and initial training phases of your system’s implementation, we take a number of steps to help us successfully deploy your application in a very short period of time.
1. Acquisition and proper hardware setup: We will advise you of any hardware purchases and network configurations such as infrastructure, server(s), workstations, printers, scanners, wireless devices, and backup systems.
2. Installation and configuration of software: Cetaris takes the time to learn your business needs and we’ll guide you towards the proper setup, maintenance, necessary upgrades and custom tailoring of the system to suit your changing needs. We provide you with implementation timelines, system setup overviews, master templates, configuration, data setting and review.
3. Testing: We’ll set up an instance or database for the training and pilot testing of your system to make sure everything is working properly before any production implementation.
4. Admin training: We’ll provide you with a clear understanding of how to set up and maintain the centrally administered areas of Fleet Assistant including individuals, roles, security settings, rights and restrictions, and overall corporate structure and configuration.
5. Integration: Cetaris will work together with you to document your requirements and business rules so that proper testing and integration with your existing systems can be completed.
6. Production site setup: We’ll help you set up your actual production site with a targeted ‘go live’ date.
7. Data importation: Cetaris has a data conversion service to assist you with the conversion of units, meters, major component information, warranty assignments, parts, vendors, work order history and preventive maintenance assignments.
8. End user training: We’ll provide your users with the training they need according to their responsibilities at all levels of your operation – managerial, technical, operations and administrative.
9. Go live: When your application goes live, we’ll be onsite to assist and support you.