This is a great long term career opportunity where you will make a significant contribution to our customers’ ROI as users of our industry-leading Enterprise Asset Management software. Work with a stable organization in small collaborative teams where you enjoy flexible scheduling and top-notch learning, equipment and tooling support.
We are looking for an Intermediate / Senior Business Intelligence Developerto join our Advanced Data Analytics and Advanced Reports Development team to design and implement high-quality, high-performance Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence (DW & BI) solutions and Advanced Data Analytics solutions. This is a role that serves in a technical position responsible for the design, building, deployment and support of data integration, BI reporting & advanced analytics solutions and application integration.
By helping some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleets and fixed assets in over fifty countries, we enable our customers to mine mission-critical data and ultimately help them reduce their carbon footprint.
Is ‘learning’ your middle name? Cetaris puts a sharp focus on continuous learning with individual support to help you access the specific learning resources you need to grow whether it’s conferences, courses, books, online, audio or certification support you need. We also encourage learning with others through peer to peer mentoring, hackathons, huddles, and local tech community involvement.
Flexible work hours, sit/stand workstations, and great tooling are just some of the supports promoting our team’s work/life balance and ability to build great software. Our people are passionate about solving complex business problems using a variety of methodologies including Agile and paired development.
Team celebrating usually involves good food and going out to play (skiing, bowling, geocache, foosball tournies…)! See our team in action at Cetaris’ Careers page.
Our northwest GTA location is easily accessed from highways 427, 401, 400, and 407, as well as by public transit. Free parking is available for all team members!
About The Role
As part of our EAM Advanced Reporting and Analytics team, you will play an integral role in BI architectural design, logical and physical design, data modelling, ETL, and Cube design and implementation. You thrive on solving challenging data analysis problems, finding innovative BI solutions to meet customer needs. You will support Product and Implementation Project Managers in gathering customer requirements, and assessing technical details and effort required to meet them.
What You Will Do
Development and delivery of end-to-end DW & BI and advanced data analytics solutions:
- Work with business partners to understand business objectives and develop value-added reporting and provide ad-hoc data extracts
- Liaise with business stakeholders to conduct effective discussions on project/reporting needs, data specifications, priority and timeline to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Define Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes
- Provide work estimates in support of assigned work
- Ensure that development work assigned to you, or that you are accountable for, follows applicable standards and that code is clear, efficient, structured and easily maintainable
- Develop, test, document and implement high-performing, scalable solutions including schema design, storage engines, indexing strategies, SQL tuning, ETL processes, stored procedures and software applications following best practices for Data Warehouse and Data Application development
- Troubleshoot and optimize performance of BI solutions
- Deliver DW and BI solutions according to Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Help define and implement standards and best practises for DW and BI
- Create documentation for business definitions of data dictionary as well as data models
- Proactively monitor, tune and maintain data solutions for performance, capacity management and business continuity perspectives
- Help define and implement Business Intelligence strategy and roadmap
- Provide consultation for the evaluation of data and software systems
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups or personnel with whom work must be coordinated
- Develop specialized reporting packages, dashboards and scorecard
With increased product knowledge and experience, BI Developers could also get involved with data analytics:
- Work collaboratively on teams to conceptualize, design, develop, test, and harden deployment of advanced analytics.
- Analyze data, data discovery, gap analysis tasks to understand the data and the requirements specified.
- Identify and apply statistical and advanced analytical methods with customer data enabling action-oriented results, prepare recommendations, and present reports.
As part of the Reporting team:
- Collaborate with other team members in developing new tools/methods, training materials, documented programs, data quality reports and related deliverables.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a Microsoft BI developer using SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, multidimensional and tabular methods, and data mining on SQL Server 2012 to 2017.
- In depth knowledge of BI architectures, relational and dimensional data modeling.
- 5+ years hands-onexperience using MSSQL relational database in the database development lifecycle, including planning, designing, implementation, performance tuning, troubleshooting, testing, documenting, deployment, and maintenance.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft .NET technologies (C#) related to backend development on SQL Server.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with a better than average knowledge of Excel, PowerPivot and PowerBI.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud and IoT technologies.
- 5+ years production experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, machine. learning and predictive modeling with analytical and statistical tools (such as Python or R and their libraries).
- A Masters degree (MSc) in Mathematics, Statistical Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- MCSE or MCITP in Microsoft Business Intelligence or Data Management and Analytics in SQL Server 2012 or newer is a plus.
- Familiarity with Big Data: Hortonworks Data Platform, HDInsight, Apache Storm, HBase and IoT.
- You are passionate about learning new systems, problem solving, and managing the flow of large amounts of data.
- You easily grasp and interpret complex business concepts, processes, and rules.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate complex concepts to business stakeholders.
- You can clearly articulate your design ideas and concepts to others verbally and in writing. At the same time, you are team oriented and adaptable enough to collaborate on the final design.
- Persistent by nature, you focus on achieving your project team’s outcomes.
- You have excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week), with annual salary (based on experience) plus bonus. Flexible work schedule and shared comprehensive health benefits and insurance plan.
At Cetaris, we believe in creating a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we welcome you to reach out to discuss your individual accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at [email protected] to begin the conversation.
How to Apply
If our BI Developer role sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your resume to [email protected].
We thank you for your interest, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.