About the design team
Cetaris is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Junior User Experience (UX) Designer! You will join a 5-person marketing team compromising of a Content Creator, Digital Designer, Video Intern, Lead UX Designer, and you. You will play a role in designing user-focused solutions for our website while making our marketing vision a reality using a variety of user-centric design methods.
As a junior, we understand that you are still learning and developing your skills and we will help you grow in your career by giving you hands-on learning experience with real projects. The marketing team will guide you through the learning process as you gain experience and learn how a team operates with design.
What you will do:
- Advocate for good user experience above all else.
- Work with the design and marketing team to define and refine the user experience of Cetaris.com.
- Work closely with our team of designers to maintain and enhance our design system and style guide library and overall aesthetic across the Cetaris ecosystem.
- Design assets for our upcoming user conference.
- Design digital and print marketing materials for sales. Including sales demos, sales presentation decks, brochures, banners, business cards, and conference swag.
- Create designs for our blog, social media, and website.
- Use data and insights from Google Analytics to optimize the UX across our site to meet business goals.
- Research, design, test, release, learn, and repeat.
What you need:
- A recent graduate degree or certificate from a program in user experience design, human-computer interaction, web design, web development or related field.
- A portfolio that displays an understanding of UX best practices and modern trends in UI design.
- Proficient skills with current design tools (we use Sketch) and prototyping tools like InVision.
- Experience designing for mobile, tablet experiences, and responsive websites.
- An understanding of the value of usability testing and research.
- An understanding of how to read and write HTML and CSS so that you are able to communicate with developers how you would build your designs.
- An understanding of marketing and content strategies.
- You have a love for continually asking questions to solve complex problems for humans.
- You have excellent communication skills and an ability to convey and debate design decisions.
- You are passionate about empathizing with customers/user needs, motivations and behaviours, and can translate that empathy into your work.
- You have a hunger to learn and are innately curious.
- You realize there is never one right answer and always search out new solutions to complex problems.
- Experience as a UX/UI designer in a startup, product/marketing, or agency setting.
- You have a side passion project.
- Active in the design community.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to Sofie Bedard, our Design Hiring Manager at [email protected]. We thank you for your interest in Cetaris, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview!