Immediate 12-month engagement:
We are looking for a seasoned DBA with proven results to provide technical leadership around improving and automating our software production environment database processes, while regularly and reliably delivering database changes to internal and external customers.
A great opportunity to mentor others, work with high-profile enterprise customers, and influence the organization’s mission-critical DBA processes.
We build leading-edge Enterprise Asset Management software to help some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries. We enable them to mine mission-critical data and ultimately help them to reduce their carbon footprint.
Our people are passionate about solving complex business problems using Agile methodologies and collaborative development. See our team in action at www.cetaris.com/careers and on our Stack Overflow page.
We help our teams grow and learn together through peer to peer mentoring, hackathons, regular developer learning huddles, and local tech community involvement – we invite you to also advise and mentor the existing team including less senior DBAs, IT, and Development teams in regards to DBA best practices.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have personally architected very large databases using SQL Server from design, development, deployment and support in high volume transactional environments.
- Expert skills in developing TSQL scripts and applying best practices to database design.
- Practical DevOps experience in authoring and managing database changes, in areas such as utilizing source version control, deploying releases to multiple environments, validating deployments with smoke tests, and implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience in database security, threat models, and risk assessment.
- Solid experience in provisioning SQL Server infrastructure (on-premise, cloud, physical, virtual, memory and IO technologies), installing SQL Server and database setup, creating jobs, backup schedules, maintenance plans and monitor alerts.
- Experience in database performance tuning in development and production systems.
- Experience in assessing, documenting, and presenting database issues and proposed solutions to clients and project stakeholders.
- Experience with SQL Server high availability and disaster recovery options (such as SQL Server Always On, Replication, and Failover Cluster).
- Understand SQL Server internals and architecture (including subsystems such as page, storage, optimizer, plan), and tools to troubleshoot, manage, and optimize SQL Server resources.
- Keep up-to-date with SQL Server editions including feature sets in 2014/2016/2017, and the license model of Microsoft SQL Server.
- A confident communicator, you effectively manage priorities and deliver precise work, while supporting internal customers including product owners, developers, software quality assurance analysts, customer implementation, deployment, and support.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of PowerShell (related to database automation and administration).
- Knowledge of C#, data access libraries and ORM libraries (e.g. EF, dapper).
- Experience with Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Familiarity with transportation, fleet maintenance, asset management business applications is a bonus.
Our northwest GTA location is easily accessed from the 427, 401, 400, and 407 as well as by public transit. Avoid the downtown traffic and enjoy free parking!
Negotiable - Dependent on experience.
How to Contact Us
If our Lead DBA role sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your letter of introduction and resume to [email protected]. We thank you for your interest, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Do you have Accessibility needs?
At Cetaris we believe in providing a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we welcome you to reach out to discuss your individual accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us to begin the conversation.