Cetaris seeks a certified Scrum Master (6 month contract position),who is an exceptional team builder, to support our Enterprise Asset Management software development team in moving from a waterfall process to Agile for their next release project.
Our northwest GTA location is easily accessed from the 427, 401, 400 and 407, as well as the Kipling station express and Go Transit – and free parking for all team members.
Negotiable – This is a 6 month contract position.
You will partner with a team that has reliably delivered our mission-critical flagship product on a .NET/C#/SQL Server platform using waterfall methodology for 30 years. Moving to Agile, we need a Scrum Master who is passionate about people and process, dedicated to helping us safely transition and guide us in our initial adoption of Scrum.
As Scrum Master you will
- In partnership with the project team, monitor and promote the overall health of the team and its process.
- Help the team establish and facilitate scrum events, sprint planning, backlog management, and overall successful delivery of products through a collaborative team effort to building, testing, and releasing product.
- Facilitate interactions between the project team and others whose deliverables release jointly with this team’s products.
- Ensure Scrum artifacts support transparency, and ongoing product and process quality improvement.
- Produce metrics and reporting that allow the greater team to understand the progress, process, and health of the project.
- Assist the team in evaluating existing tools and adopting new tools as necessary to support an optimal process.
- Champion incremental improvement in Scrum process with each sprint.
- Participate in the shared effort to document our new Scrum process for easy dissemination to other Agile teams and new team members.
- Coach and mentor team members in their ongoing application of Agile practices.
- Work with leadership to assist in Agile adoption.
Required Skills, Values, and Experience
- You have 5+years’Agile/Scrum Master experience including transitioning teams from waterfall to Agile.
- Your project experience includes enterprise software and legacy products.
- You are a certified Scrum Master and active in the local Agile community.
- You embrace a servant leadership orientation.
- You encourage and support collaboration and team decision making amongst teams.
- You easily build rapport, have well-developed communication skills and sharp instincts to navigate group dynamics and the impact of change on teams.
- Effective coaching skills in Agile practice, processes and rules.
- Team facilitation skills to resolve conflict and to identify and remove obstacles.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills using Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- You care about the well-being of the people as much as the process and the group’s productivity - we want to be successful at delivering and to have fun doing it!
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Software quality assurance, and/or business analysis background an asset.
- Experience with collaborative tools including Team Foundation Server.
- Familiarity with asset management, fleet maintenance, transportation.
- Familiarity with .NET development.
How to apply
If our Scrum Master contract role sounds like a good fit for your experience and values, please send us your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
For more information about careers with Cetaris, visit www.cetaris.com/careers.
Our Core Values
By helping some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries, we enable them to mine mission-critical data and ultimately help them to reduce their carbon footprint.
Cetaris - Our Environment
Cetaris puts a sharp focus on continuous learning and learning with others through peer to peer mentoring, hackathons, huddles, and local tech community involvement.
Flexible work hours, sit/stand workstations, and great tooling are just some of the supports promoting our team’s work/life balance and ability to build great software.
At Cetaris, we believe in creating a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we welcome you to reach out to discuss your individual accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at [email protected] to begin the conversation.