By helping some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries, we enable them to mine mission-critical data and ultimately help them to reduce their carbon footprint.
Our diverse and deeply knowledgeable team loves solving problems for our customers, and enjoys a great work-life balance, including team events such as BBQs and ski days, and initiatives that support our local community.
Ongoing learning and knowledge sharing are a big part of our workplace culture with opportunities to develop a wide range of professional skills. Learning support at Cetaris is tailored to suit individual needs and includes industry events, mentoring, resources for self-study, and a first-class rewards program for industry certifications.
Our northwest GTA location is easily accessed from 427, 401, 400, and 407 as well as by public transit. Free parking is available for all team members!
About the Role
Being a Senior Developer at Cetaris means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, and working on a product team with some of the most talented people in the industry. The Cetaris mobile product team is a friendly, collaborative group of people working together to develop a suite of mobile web applications for our customers. Our team is passionate about solving complex business problems using Agile methodologies and paired development.
What You Will Do
- Bring designs to life by using cutting-edge technologies and techniques.
- Work closely with developers and QA analysts across the project teams to implement clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- Contribute to our agile process by collaborating closely with the scrum master and product owner to encourage and motivate our team.
- Collaborate with our UX design team to maintain consistency across our applications and iterate on design concepts to improve the user experience.
- Be a critical thinker who helps drive efficiencies by identifying process improvement opportunities that help our team communicate, innovate, and collaborate better. Bring a passion for encouraging the best possible DevOps by staying ahead of the latest tools, trends, technologies, and methodologies.
- Contribute to our open-minded team culture by graciously giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Create smart UI components for high performance, scalable web applications.
- Be a mentor for junior and intermediate developers and encourage their career growth.
Requirements and Skills
- Post-secondary education in computer science, engineering, web development or other equivalent certifications/diplomas.
- 5+ years’ experience building large scale web applications from the ground up.
- Expert understanding of RESTful architecture and APIs.
- 5+ years’ experience maintaining and managing multiple applications with a focus on reusability and modularity.
- 3+ years’ experience with responsive web development and mobile standards.
- Experience with version control systems like Git and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Champion of software best practices including pair programming, continuous integration, and coding standards.
- You like to be in a super-collaborative environment, working alongside talented developers, designers, and QA analysts throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- You have superior communication skills and an ability to convey and debate your ideas.
- You are passionate about empathizing with customer/user needs, motivations, and behaviors. And, you have an acute ability to translate that empathy into actionable deliverables.
- You have strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- You are an ego-free person with the ability to embrace the best idea even when it is not your own.
- You are excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced agile environment and are open to new frameworks.
- You’re a team player who equally values achieving exceptional outcomes and enjoying the ride by having fun along the way.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a variety of your skills as a developer.
- Experience working with UX designers at implementing a design system to maintain consistency and collaboration across disciplines.
- Have an understanding or experience with asset management software, localization, Cordova, Ionic or other progressive web app/hybrid application frameworks.
- Experience with voice recognition or RXJS or Reactive Programming.
- Knowledge of security standards or developing app stores for iOS/Android deployment.
- Knowledge of automated testing, unit testing, and user interface end to end testing.
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week), with annual salary (based on experience) plus bonus. Shared medical and dental benefits.
At Cetaris, we believe in creating a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we welcome you to reach out to discuss your individual accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at [email protected] to begin the conversation.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We thank you for your interest in Cetaris, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.